Monday, February 4, 2013

Wedding Floral Design Continued

As a follow-up post to the Comprehensive Wedding Design Classes at Longwood Gardens, here are a few snapshots. Please keep in mind I am NOT a photographer! The classroom spelled like heaven - roses, Japanese Sweet Pea, Jasmine, Calas, Gerberas and more filled our senses. The below pictures are of modern twist on cascade designs. Two of them are more "c-shaped" and the white gerberas are meant to be held laying a bit on your arm. I ran out of time finishing it off, but I think you will get the idea. Also, I don't think I would have put the blue hydrangea with it, but a white peony {we had to use what was in our buckets and I'm certainly not complaining!}. In the industry as a whole we are seeing less and less of the real tight bouquets, things are opening up just a bit and Nancy, or instructor, is predicting the cascade will make a return! ~Happy Planning!

{The above design was done by Nancy Gingrich Shenk, our Instructor.}